A Note from Club Presidents, Sueanne Sylvester and Nancy Scherger
Welcome to the Town Club of Mountain Lakes! It promises to another great year! From our Opening Brunch on September 22nd to our Closing Luncheon on June 14th, 2018, we have many exciting events planned for our club’s 59th year.
Community Starts Here
Each October, we demonstrate our club motto ‘Community Starts Here’ when we welcome our new Mountain Lakes neighbors with a Newcomers’ Cocktail Party. Guests mingle with fellow newcomers, meet the Mayor of ML, and socialize with Town Club neighbors eager to extend a Laker welcome. If you are new to town in the past year (since August 2016) and have not previously been invited to this party, please reach out to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll be sure to put you on the guest list. It’s a great opportunity to find out more about Town Club and make great friends.
Our events raise funds for our Community Grants program while simultaneously offering social opportunities for the entire Mountain Lakes community to enjoy! It’s a true win-win when your night-out with friends also benefits local school programs, social service organizations, environmental groups, the public library, and borough safety organizations.
- On Dec 1st, the first Friday in December come volunteer or enjoy our Holiday House Tour, a longstanding ML tradition. We feature an array of beautiful homes and historic buildings to tour, followed by an after party at the Mountain Lakes Club for all tour visitors and volunteers.
- Our Spring Jam on Saturday night, May 19th, caps off our fundraising with a rockin’ outdoor party featuring live music.
- In December Town Club rallies the community to provide holiday gifts to those that are less fortunate than us with our ‘Adopt-a-Family” program, in partnership with the Prenatal and Pediatric Clinic of St. Clare’s Dover Hospital. We have been blessed to be able to routinely donate to 40 families with festively packaged gifts containing much needed items, from diapers and toys to warm winter clothing.
- On our social side, beginning in October, we host general meeting programs.We start the year with our traditional chicken pot pie workshop in support of the H&SA Bake Sale on Oct 13th.
- General meeting programs are offered monthly throughout the program year, alternately during daytime or evening hours, to suit all schedules.
- Our programs are educational, fun, and casual. Be on the lookout for these events which will be posted on our website. As a Town Club member, you will receive our monthly email newsletter with reminders and invitations to our general meeting programs.
- If you love to read we have two book clubs, an afternoon club and an evening club.
- Last, but definitely not least, the Town Club’s incredible “Dinner Club” group meets monthly on Saturday evenings, starting in November. Meet new friends, enjoy great food, and cap it all off with an incredible year end party!
- The best part of Town Club comes in April and May, when we invite applications and award grants to community organizations. Our grant committee dispenses the proceeds from our fundraising events to an array of community organizations to help them achieve their goals.
As one of the most enduring social and philanthropic organizations in Mountain Lakes, active since 1959, Town Club is rising and our membership continues to grow. We welcome all newcomers to the community throughout the year. We look forward to an incredible year in 2017-2018 as we strive to aid our community and have a blast doing it!! Join us!
Sueanne Sylvester and Nancy Scherger
Town Club of Mountain Lakes